Internships for Spring 2013 and Summer 2013
Are you passionate about achieving Middle East peace? Are you ready to take your activism to the next level? Are you a college student who is looking to get work experience? We encourage you to apply for an internship at Americans for Peace Now for a chance to see first-hand how pro-peace advocacy plays out in Washington.
APN is seeking interns to work in our Washington, DC office for Spring 2013 and Summer 2013. Intern duties may include the following:
- Organizing events to reach out to interns at other organizations.
- Tracking coverage of the peace process in Jewish and other major news outlets.
- Conducting legislative research.
- Utilizing new media tools to publicize APN's message.
- Research and writing opportunities (based on experience).
- Assisting in administrative work.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Computer and internet research skills.
- Knowledge of the Middle East and the Arab-Israelirelations.
- Experience in film editing, graphic design, social media, or web development a plus.
A special effort will be made to find projects for interns within their field of interest. Interns will be exposed to legislative strategy and the day-to-day workings of efforts to advance Middle East peace. Candidates who can commit to working at least 20 hours per week are preferred. This is an unpaid position. For more information about our organization, please visit www.peacenow.org.
Applications considered on a rolling basis. Please e-mail a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to: Sarah Sagan, email@example.com Subject line: APN Internship Program